Troop 30 is heading to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Activities include the space shuttle mission, space history, astronaut training and rocket building with launch. It will be a great time!
The trip will run from April 1 to April 3 and will cost $250 per person. There is a $100 reservation fee and additional payments of $75 are due in January and February. For more information, please contact Mr. Pearson or Mr. Derrick.
Departure: We will meet at The Temple at 6:30am on Monda, April 1, with departure at 7:00am. Donuts and orange juice will be provided. Drivers will be Mr. Derrick, Mr. Green, Mr Harlan, My Hytken and Mr. Wagner.
Return: We expect to return to The Temple between 7:00 and 9:00 pm on Wednesday, April 3. We will call parents about an hour before arrival to give an anticipated arrival time.
Trip Fee: The entire trip fee of $250 is due now and must be paid before departure. Check with Mr. Pennington to confirm your trip fee has been paid in full.
Uniforms: You should arrive at The Temple in full class A uniform (long or short pants) with a green Troop 30 tee shirt under your uniform shirt. Wear comfortable shoes but no sandals or other open-toed footwear.
Packing List :
- 2 green Troop 30 tee shirts
- 2 changes of underwear
and scout socks
- jacket or sweatshirt
- sleeping bag
- pillow case (pillows are provided)
- personal toiletries
- Optional: portable music or game device which will be locked in the car while at Space Camp
- Optional: book for travel, camera, shower shoes, money for vending machines, souvenirs or gifts from gift shop
- DO NOT BRING cell phones or smart phone
- Above items should all be packed in a small duffel bag or daypack. Sleeping bags can be separate
Emergency Contact: In an emergency only, parents may call Space Camp at 800-637-7223 or Mr. Derrick on his cell phone at 502-593-3573.
Questions: For any questions before departure, you can call Mr. Derrick at work 502-636-9273 or his cell phone 502-593-3573.